The last decade has seen a boom in gamification-related scholarship undertaken by researchers at universities, think-tanks, consulting firms, and other organizations. According to Google Scholar, in the year 2010 there were roughly 90 scholarly articles published that referenced “gamification” in one form or another; in the year 2020, about 19,000 such articles were published. While many of these texts mention gamification only tangentially, the number of studies focusing directly on gamification is also immense: for example, between 2010 and 2020, there were over 1,200 scholarly articles that mentioned “gamification” directly in their titles.
Given these realities, it would be a monumental challenge to attempt to locate and study all pieces of insightful research on gamification, and it isn’t feasible to offer a comprehensive account of gamification scholarship. A more practicable (if incomplete) introduction to gamification research can be gained by focusing on review articles and meta-analyses that aggregate and distill insights from the results of many other studies and research publications. Below we highlight some noteworthy review articles and meta-analyses, organized by topic and ordered chronologically from most recent to oldest.
- Gamification theory, design, and practice
- Applications in different spheres
- Gamification in education and learning
- Gamification of cognitive assessment
- Gamification for wellbeing, fitness, health, and healthcare
- Gamification and the elderly
- Gamification, the environment, and sustainability
- Gamification and civic engagement
- Gamification, culture, and cultural institutions
- Gamification in management and marketing
Gamification theory, design, and practice
General reviews of gamification research
- Koivisto, Jonna, and Juho Hamari. “The rise of motivational information systems: A review of gamification research.” International Journal of Information Management45 (2019): 191-210.
- Bozkurt, Aras, and Gürhan Durak. “A Systematic Review of Gamification Research: In Pursuit of Homo Ludens.” International Journal of Game-Based Learning 8, no. 3 (2018): 15-33.
- O’Donnell, Nicholas, Dennis L. Kappen, Zachary Fitz-Walter, Sebastian Deterding, Lennart E. Nacke, and Daniel Johnson. “How Multidisciplinary Is Gamification Research? Results from a Scoping Review.” In Extended Abstracts Publication of the Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play, pp. 445-452. ACM, 2017.
Gamification and psychological theories of motivation
- Riar, Marc. “Using Gamification to Motivate Cooperation: A Review.” Forty-First International Conference on Information Systems, India. 2020.
- Riatmaja, Dodi Setiawan, Mohammad Suyanto, Muafi, and Wisnu Prajogo. “Motivational Affordances to Gamification in Workplace: A Literature Review and Proposed Framework.” TEST Engineering & Management 82 (2020): 8536-8559.
- Schlagenhaufer, Christian, and Michael Amberg. “Psychology Theories in Gamification: A Review of Information Systems Literature.” In European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems. 2014.
The effectiveness of gamification
- Hamari, Juho, Jonna Koivisto, and Harri Sarsa. “Does Gamification Work? – A Literature Review of Empirical Studies on Gamification.” In 2014 47th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 3025-3034. IEEE, 2014.
- Rozi, Fahrur, Yusep Rosmansyah, and Budiman Dabarsyah. “A Systematic Literature Review on Adaptive Gamification: Components, Methods, and Frameworks.” In 2019 International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics (ICEEI), pp. 187-190. IEEE, 2019.
- Mora, Alberto, Daniel Riera, Carina González, and Joan Arnedo-Moreno. “Gamification: A Systematic Review of Design Frameworks.” Journal of Computing in Higher Education29, no. 3 (2017): 516-548.
- Mora, Alberto, Daniel Riera, Carina González, and Joan Arnedo-Moreno. “A Literature Review of Gamification Design Frameworks.” In 2015 7th International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-Games), pp. 100-107. IEEE, 2015.
- Schlagenhaufer, Christian, and Michael Amberg. “A Descriptive Literature Review and Classification Framework for Gamification in Information Systems.” Twenty-Third European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Münster. 2015.
Gamified elements and mechanics
- Hervas, Ramon, David Ruiz-Carrasco, Tania Mondejar, and Jose Bravo. “Gamification Mechanics for Behavioral Change: A Systematic Review and Proposed Taxonomy.” In Proceedings of the 11th EAI International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, pp. 395-404. ACM, 2017.
Gamified solutions and software
- Cechetti, Nathália Pinto, Daiana Biduki, and Ana Carolina Bertoletti De Marchi. “Gamification Strategies for Mobile Device Applications: A Systematic Review.” In 2017 12th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI). IEEE, 2017.
- Darejeh, Ali, and Siti Salwah Salim. “Gamification Solutions to Enhance Software User Engagement – A Systematic Review.” International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction32, no. 8 (2016): 613-642.
Gamification and AI
- Khakpour, Alireza, and Ricardo Colomo-Palacios. “Convergence of Gamification and Machine Learning: A Systematic Literature Review.” Technology, Knowledge and Learning(2020): 1-40.
Applications in different spheres
Gamification in education and learning
- Boudadi, Nadia Azzouz, and Mar Gutiérrez-Colón. “Effect of Gamification on Students’ Motivation and Learning Achievement in Second Language Acquisition Within Higher Education: A Literature Review 2011-2019.” The EuroCALL Review28, no. 1 (2020): 57-69.
- Dos Santos, Laís Santana, Péricles de Lima Sobreira, Levy Marlon Souza Santiago, Jauberth Weyll Abijaude, Karim El Guemhioui, and Omar Abdul Wahab. “Gamification-Supported Collaborative Learning: A Systematic Literature Review.” In 2020 IEEE World Conference on Engineering Education (EDUNINE), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2020.
- Handayani, Velia, Fahrizal Lukman Budiono, Dede Rosyada, Rona Nisa Sofia Amriza, Zulkifli, and Siti Ummi Masruroh. “Gamified Learning Platform Analysis for Designing a Gamification-Based UI / UX of E-learning Applications: A Systematic Literature Review.” In 2020 8th International Conference on Cyber and IT Service Management (CITSM), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2020.
- Jain, Maulik, Dasharathraj K. Shetty, Nithesh Naik, Balakrishna S. Maddodi, Namesh Malarout, and Nikhil Perule. “Application of Gamification in the Banking Sector: A Systematic Review.” TEST Engineering & Management 83 (2020): 16931-16944.
- Legaki, Nikoletta Zampeta, and Juho Hamari. “Gamification in Statistics Education: A Literature Review.” In GamiFIN Conference 2020: Proceedings of the 4th International GamiFIN Conference, pp. 41-51. in GamiFIN Conference 2020.
- Malicki, Angela, Franz Henryk Vergara, Barbara Van de Castle, Paola Goyeneche, Stefanie Mann, Margo Preston Scott, Julie Seiler, Marjone Zapanta Meneses, and Madeleine Whalen. “Gamification in Nursing Education: An Integrative Literature Review.” The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing51, no. 11 (2020): 509-515.
- Miłosz, Marek, and Elżbieta Miłosz. “Gamification in Engineering Education – A Preliminary Literature Review.” In 2020 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), pp. 1975-1979. IEEE, 2020.
- Ofosu-Ampong, Kingsley. “The Shift to Gamification in Education: A Review on Dominant Issues.” Journal of Educational Technology Systems(2020): 0047239520917629.
- Rodrigues, Renato Alan Bezerra. “Gamification in Engineering Education in Canada: A Systematic Review of the Literature.” In Proceedings of the Canadian Engineering Education Association Conference (CEEA-ACEG20), Paper 077. 2020.
- Saggah, Alaa, Anthony S. Atkins, and Russell J. Campion. “A Review of Gamification Design Frameworks in Education.” In 2020 Fourth International Conference On Intelligent Computing in Data Sciences (ICDS), pp. 1-8. IEEE, 2020.
- Van Gaalen, A. E. J., J. Brouwer, J. Schönrock-Adema, T. Bouwkamp-Timmer, A. D. C. Jaarsma, and J. R. Georgiadis. “Gamification of Health Professions Education: A Systematic Review.” Advances in Health Sciences Education(2020): 1-29.
- Vermeir, Julie F., Melanie J. White, Daniel Johnson, Geert Crombez, and Dimitri M.L. Van Ryckeghem. “The Effects of Gamification on Computerized Cognitive Training: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” JMIR Serious Games8, no. 3 (2020): e18644.
- Alomari, Islam, Hosam Al-Samarraie, and Reem Yousef. “The Role of Gamification Techniques in Promoting Student Learning: A Review and Synthesis.” Journal of Information Technology Education: Research18 (2019): 395-417.
- Antonaci, Alessandra, Roland Klemke, and Marcus Specht. “The Effects of Gamification in Online Learning Environments: A Systematic Literature Review.” Informatics 6, no. 3, p. 32 (2019).
- Daba, Jackson Bobby Romano, Yusep Rosmansyah, and Budiman Dabarsyah. “Problem Based Learning Using Gamification: A Systematic Literature Review.” In 2019 International Conference on Informatics, Multimedia, Cyber and Information System (ICIMCIS), pp. 125-130. IEEE, 2019.
- Hallifax, Stuart, Audrey Serna, Jean-Charles Marty, and Elise Lavoué. “Adaptive Gamification in Education: A Literature Review of Current Trends and Developments.” European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL), Sep 2019, Delft, Netherlands, pp. 294-307. 2019.
- Junior, E., Ana Carla B. Reis, Ari Melo Mariano, Laís Bandeira Barros, David de Almeida Moysés, and Camila Marinho Avelino da Silva. “Systematic Literature Review of Gamification and Game-Based Learning in the Context of Problem and Project Based Learning Approaches.” In 11th International Symposium on Project Approaches in Engineering Education (PAEE) 16th Active Learning in Engineering Education Workshop (ALE), pp. 169-177. 2019.
- Limantara, Natalia, Meyliana, Achmad Nizar Hidayanto, and Harjanto Prabowo. “The Elements of Gamification Learning in Higher Education: A Systematic Literature Review.” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology10, no. 2 (2019): 982-991.
- Lopes, Vinícius, Wendel Reinheimer, Roseclea Medina, Giliane Bernardi, and Felipe Becker Nunes. “Adaptive Gamification Strategies for Education: A Systematic Literature Review.” In Simpósio Brasileiro de Informática na Educação-SBIE), vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 1032-1041. 2019.
- Maiga, Jaouja, and Andi Wahju Rahardjo Emanuel. “Gamification for Teaching and Learning Java Programming for Beginner Students – A Review.” Journal of Computers14, no. 9 (2019): 590-595.
- Qiu, Yuan. “Research Review on Kindergarten Curriculum Gamification in China.” Open Access Library Journal6, no. 12 (2019): e5934.
- Rincón-Flores, Elvira G., María Soledad Ramírez Montoya, and Juanjo Mena. “Engaging MOOC Through Gamification: Systematic Mapping Review.” In Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Technological Ecosystems for Enhancing Multiculturality, pp. 600-606. ACM, 2019.
- Rozman, Tomislav, and Liliana Donath. “The Current State of the Gamification in E-Learning: A Literature Review of Literature Reviews.” Journal of Innovative Business and Management11, no. 3 (2019): 5-19.
- Majuri, Jenni, Jonna Koivisto, and Juho Hamari. “Gamification of Education and Learning: A Review of Empirical Literature.” In Proceedings of the 2nd International GamiFIN Conference, GamiFIN 2018. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2018.
- Rahman, Mohd Hishamuddin Abdul, Dr Ismail, Anida Zaria Binti Mohd Noor, and Nor Syazwani Binti Mat Salleh. “Gamification Elements and Their Impacts on Teaching and Learning – A Review.” The International Journal of Multimedia & Its Applications 10, no. 6 (2018).
- So, Hyo-Jeong, and Minhwi Seo. “A Systematic Literature Review of Game-Based Learning and Gamification Research in Asia: The Synthesized Findings and Research Gap.” In Routledge International Handbook of Schools and Schooling in Asia. London: Routledge, 2018.
- Goshevski, Dimitar, Joana Veljanoska, and Thanos Hatziapostolou. “A Review of Gamification Platforms for Higher Education.” In Proceedings of the 8th Balkan Conference in Informatics, pp. 1-6. ACM, 2017.
- Ortega-Arranz, Alejandro, Juan A. Muñoz-Cristóbal, Alejandra Martínez-Monés, Miguel L. Bote-Lorenzo, and Juan I. Asensio-Pérez. “How Gamification is Being Implemented in MOOCs? A Systematic Literature Review.” In European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, pp. 441-447. Springer, Cham, 2017.
- Ortiz Rojas, Margarita Elizabeth, Katherine Chiluiza, and Martin Valcke. “Gamification and Learning Performance: A Systematic review of the Literature.” In 11th European Conference on Game-Based Learning (ECGBL), pp. 515-522. Academic Conferences Ltd, 2017.
- Peixoto, Mariana Maia, and Carla Silva. “A Gamification Requirements Catalog for Educational Software: Results from a Systematic Literature Review and a Survey with Experts.” In Proceedings of the Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 1108-1113. 2017.
- Ortiz Rojas, Margarita Elizabeth, Katherine Chiluiza, and Martin Valcke. “Gamification in Higher Education and STEM: A Systematic Review of Literature.” In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies (EDULEARN16), pp. 6548-6558. IATED, 2016.
- Azmi, Shahdatunnaim, Noorminshah A. Iahad, and Norasnita Ahmad. “Gamification in Online Collaborative Learning for Programming Courses: A Literature Review.” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences10, no. 23 (2015): 18087-18094.
- Faiella, Filomena, and Maria Ricciardi. “Gamification and Learning: A Review of Issues and Research.” Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society11, no. 3 (2015).
- Sanmugam, Mageswaran, Norasykin Mohd Zaid, Hasnah Mohamed, Zaleha Abdullah, Baharuddin Aris, and Salihuddin M. Suhadi. “Gamification as an Educational Technology Tool in Engaging and Motivating Students: An Analyses Review.” Advanced Science Letters21, no. 10 (2015): 3337-3341.
- Nah, Fiona Fui-Hoon, Qing Zeng, Venkata Rajasekhar Telaprolu, Abhishek Padmanabhuni Ayyappa, and Brenda Eschenbrenner. “Gamification of Education: a Review of Literature.” In International Conference on HCI in Business, pp. 401-409. Springer, Cham, 2014.
Gamification of cognitive assessment
- Lumsden, Jim, Elizabeth A. Edwards, Natalia S. Lawrence, David Coyle, and Marcus R. Munafò. “Gamification of Cognitive Assessment and Cognitive Training: A Systematic Review of Applications and Efficacy.” JMIR Serious Games4, no. 2 (2016): e11.
Gamification for wellbeing, fitness, health, and healthcare
- Chow, Ching Yue, Reisya Rizki Riantiningtyas, Mie Bojer Kanstrup, Maria Papavasileiou, Gie Djin Liem, and Annemarie Olsen. “Can Games Change Children’s Eating Behaviour? A Review of Gamification and Serious Games.” Food Quality and Preference80 (2020): 103823.
- Fitzgerald, Martin, and Gemma Ratcliffe. “Serious Games, Gamification, and Serious Mental Illness: A Scoping Review.” Psychiatric Services71, no. 2 (2020): 170-183.
- Montagni, Ilaria, Inass Mabchour, and Christophe Tzourio. “Digital Gamification to Enhance Vaccine Knowledge and Uptake: Scoping Review.” JMIR Serious Games8, no. 2 (2020): e16983.
- Nor, Nurshamine Nazira, Mohd Shahrizal Sunar, and Azyan Yusra Kapi. “A Review of Gamification in Virtual Reality (VR) Sport.” EAI Endorsed Transactions on Creative Technologies6, no. 21 (2020).
- Schmidt-Kraepelin, Manuel, Simon Warsinsky, Scott Thiebes, and Ali Sunyaev. “The Role of Gamification in Health Behavior Change: A Review of Theory-Driven Studies.” In Proceedings of the 53rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2020.
- Cheng, Vanessa Wan Sze, Tracey Davenport, Daniel Johnson, Kellie Vella, and Ian B. Hickie. “Gamification in Apps and Technologies for Improving Mental Health and Well-Being: Systematic Review.” JMIR Mental Health6, no. 6 (2019): e13717.
- Gentry, Sarah Victoria, Andrea Gauthier, Beatrice L’Estrade Ehrstrom, David Wortley, Anneliese Lilienthal, Lorainne Tudor Car, Shoko Dauwels-Okutsu, Charoula K. Nikolaou, Nabil Zary, James Campbell, and Josip Car. “Serious Gaming and Gamification Education in Health Professions: Systematic Review.” Journal of Medical Internet Research21, no. 3 (2019): e12994.
- Koivisto, Jonna, and Juho Hamari. “Gamification of Physical Activity: A Systematic Literature Review of Comparison Studies.” In 3rd International GamiFIN Conference, GamiFIN 2019. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2019.
- Muangsrinoon, Sakchai, and Poonpong Boonbrahm. “Game Elements from Literature Review of Gamification in Healthcare Context.” Journal of Technology and Science Education9, no. 1 (2019): 20-31.
- Rajani, Nikita B., Dominik Weth, Nikolaos Mastellos, and Filippos T. Filippidis. “Use of Gamification Strategies and Tactics in Mobile Applications for Smoking Cessation: A Review of the UK Mobile App Market.” BMJ Open9, no. 6 (2019): e027883.
- Santos, Isabel, Carla Sa-Couto, and Pedro Vieira-Marques. “Gamification in CPR – A Review of Game Dynamics and Mechanics.” In 2019 14th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI). IEEE, 2019.
- Caliskan, Yasemin, Rosa Entezari, Marc Eßer, Ulrike Ezold, Dennis Gelfart, Hafssa Mariami, and Lisa Beutelspacher. “Spielend heilen: Ein systematisches Review zum Einsatz von Gamification in Therapie und Rehabilitation.” Information-Wissenschaft & Praxis69, no. 1 (2018): 47-54.
- González-González, Carina Soledad, Nazaret Gómez del Río, and Vicente Navarro Adelantado. “Exploring the Benefits of Using Gamification and Videogames for Physical Exercise: A Review of State of Art.” International Journal of Interactive Multimedia and Artificial Intelligence5, no. 2 (2018): 46-52.
- Stepanovic, Stefan, and Tobias Mettler. “Gamification Applied for Health Promotion: Does it Really Foster Long-Term Engagement? A Scoping Review.” Twenty-Sixth European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS2018), Portsmouth, UK. 2018.
- Matallaoui, Amir, Jonna Koivisto, Juho Hamari, and Ruediger Zarnekow. “How Effective Is ‘Exergamification’? A Systematic Review on the Effectiveness of Gamification Features in Exergames.” In Proceedings of the 50th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 3316-3325. 2017.
- Edwards, E. A., J. Lumsden, C. Rivas, L. Steed, L. A. Edwards, A. Thiyagarajan, R. Sohanpal, H. Caton, C. J. Griffiths, M.R. Munafò, S. Taylor, and R. T. Walton. “Gamification for Health Promotion: Systematic Review of Behaviour Change Techniques in Smartphone Apps.” BMJ Open6, no. 10 (2016): e012447.
- Gibbs, David, Barbara Hewitt, and Alexander McLeod. “The Gamification of Electronic Health Records: A Systematic Literature Review.” Perspectives in Health Information Management(2016).
- Johnson, Christopher P. “Gamification in Adventure and Wilderness Sports: A Literature Review of Game-Based Mechanic’s Ability to Increase Attraction, Engagement, and Retention in Outdoor Sports.” The Sport Journal(2016): 1-8.
- Johnson, Daniel, Sebastian Deterding, Kerri-Ann Kuhn, Aleksandra Staneva, Stoyan Stoyanov, and Leanne Hides. “Gamification for Health and Wellbeing: A Systematic Review of the Literature.” Internet Interventions6 (2016): 89-106.
- Pereira, Pedro, Emília Duarte, Francisco Rebelo, and Paulo Noriega. “A Review of Gamification for Health-Related Contexts.” In International Conference of Design, User Experience, and Usability, pp. 742-753. Cham: Springer, 2014.
Gamification and the elderly
- Koivisto, Jonna, and Aqdas Malik. “Gamification for Older Adults: A Systematic Literature Review.” The Gerontologist(2020).
- Martinho, Diogo, João Carneiro, Juan M. Corchado, and Goreti Marreiros. “A Systematic Review of Gamification Techniques Applied to Elderly Care.” Artificial Intelligence Review53 (2020): 4863-4901.
Gamification, the environment, and sustainability
- Guillen M, Georgina, Juho Hamari, and Jaco Quist. “Gamification of Sustainable Consumption: A Systematic Literature Review.” In Proceedings of the 54th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 1345-1354. 2021.
- Rajanen, Dorina, and Mikko Rajanen. “Climate Change Gamification: A Literature Review.” In Proceedings of the GamiFIN Conference 2019, pp. 253-264. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2019.
- Magista, Malida, Bella Lexmita Dorra, and Thye Yoke Pean. “A Review of the Applicability of Gamification and Game-based Learning to Improve Household-level Waste Management Practices among Schoolchildren.” International Journal of Technology9, no. 7 (2018).
- Johnson, Daniel, Ella Horton, Rory Mulcahy, and Marcus Foth. “Gamification and Serious Games Within the Domain of Domestic Energy Consumption: A Systematic Review.” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews73 (2017): 249-264.
Gamification and civic engagement
- Hassan, Lobna, and Juho Hamari. “Gameful Civic Engagement: A Review of the Literature on Gamification of E-Participation.” Government Information Quarterly37, no. 3(2020): 101461.
- Kankanamge, Nayomi, Tan Yigitcanlar, Ashantha Goonetilleke, and M. Kamruzzaman. “How Can Gamification Be Incorporated into Disaster Emergency Planning? A Systematic Review of the Literature.” International Journal of Disaster Resilience in the Built Environment11, no. 4 (2020): 481-506.
- Purwandari, Betty, Mochammad Arief Hermawan Sutoyo, Muhammad Mishbah, and Muhammad Fadhil Dzulfikar. “Gamification in E-Govemment: A Systematic Literature Review.” In 2019 Fourth International Conference on Informatics and Computing (ICIC). IEEE, 2019.
Gamification, culture, and cultural institutions
- Khan, Imran, Ana Melro, Ana Carla, and Lídia Oliveira. “Systematic Review on Gamification and Cultural Heritage Dissemination.” Journal of Digital Media & Interaction3, no. 8 (2020): 19-41.
Gamification in management and marketing
- Larson, Kristi. “Serious Games and Gamification in the Corporate Training Environment: A Literature Review.” TechTrends64, no. 2 (2020): 319-328.
- Loureiro, Sandra Maria Correia, Ricardo Godinho Bilro, and Fernando José de Aires Angelino. “Virtual Reality and Gamification in Marketing Higher Education: A Review and Research Agenda.” Spanish Journal of Marketing – ESIC(2020).
- Uletika, N.S., B. Hartono and T. Wijayanto, “Gamification in Assembly Training: A Systematic Review.” In 2020 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), Singapore, Singapore, pp. 1073-1077. IEEE, 2020.
- Hinton, Sean, Lincoln Wood, Harminder Singh, and Torsten Reiners. “Enterprise Gamification Systems and Employment Legislation: A Systematic Literature Review.” Australasian Journal of Information Systems23 (2019).
- Justin, Ebina, and Manu Melwin Joy. “A Literature Review on the Role of Gamification in Customer Engagement: Specific Study on E-Payment Applications.” Think India Journal 22, no. 10 (2019): 4113-4119.
- Sampaio, Marta Correia, Maria José Sousa, and Andreia Dionísio. “The Use of Gamification in Knowledge Management Processes: A Systematic Literature Review.” Journal of Reviews on Global Economics8 (2019): 1662-1679.
- Wanick, Vanissa, and Hong Bui. “Gamification in Management: A Systematic Review and Research Directions.” International Journal of Serious Games6, no. 2 (2019): 57-74.
- Cursino, Rodrigo, Daniel Ferreira, Maria Lencastre, Roberta Fagundes, and João Pimentel. “Gamification in Requirements Engineering: A Systematic Review.” In 2018 11th International Conference on the Quality of Information and Communications Technology (QUATIC), pp. 119-125. IEEE, 2018.
- Warmelink, Harald, Jonna Koivisto, Igor Mayer, Mikko Vesa, and Juho Hamari. “Gamification of the Work Floor: A Literature Review of Gamifying Production and Logistics Operations.” In Proceedings of the 51st Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), pp. 1108-1117. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2018.
- Aziz, Abdul, Ana Mushtaq, and Misbah Anwar. “Usage of Gamification in Enterprise: A Review.” In 2017 International Conference on Communication, Computing and Digital Systems (C-CODE), pp. 249-252. IEEE, 2017.
- Hernández, Luis, Mirna Muñoz, Jezreel Mejia, and Adriana Peña. “Gamification in Software Engineering Teamworks: A Systematic Literature Review.” In 2016 International Conference on Software Process Improvement (CIMPS), pp. 1-8. IEEE, 2016.