There are a number of organizations around the world that address gamification or gamification-related topics as part of their mission. For example:
- The Gamification Group “is a multidisciplinary research group that examines the gamefulness of technology, society, culture and economy….” It is based in the Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences at Tampere University and Faculty of Humanities at University of Turku in Finland.
- The Gamification Research Network (GRN) serves as “a communication hub for researchers and students interested in studying the use of game design in non-game contexts, otherwise known as gamification, gameful design, or applied gaming.”
- The Serious Games Society (SGS) works “to bring together the cutting edge companies, institutions and practitioners researching on and developing Serious Games.” The organization’s “core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence in the field of Serious Games and Gamification.”
- The Engagement Alliance seeks “to further research, education and collaboration in gamification and engagement science”; the organization “develops educational curricula, helps organize events, and fosters cross-industry dialogue to help identify and disseminate best practices….”
- The Interaction Design Foundation offers a curated collection of online gamification resources and a course on “Gamification – Creating Addictive User Experiences.”
- The International Game Developers Association (IGDA) maintains special interest groups focused on Serious Games; Games for Health; and Games Research and User Experience.
- The Serious Games Association seeks to bring together subject area experts (e.g., from education, healthcare, and business) with technologists and software developers “to co-create solutions that will ultimately benefit” end users and society as a whole.
- The gAmes for heaLth InnoVations cEntre (ALIVE) is a joint initiative of the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine of Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University and the National Healthcare Group that “brings together healthcare providers, academic institutions and industry partners with supporting government agencies and community resources for the scientific validation, research and implementation of healthcare serious games initiatives for better healthcare outcomes.”